Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Sound of Letting Go

The sound of letting go...not always something to be sad about. I am saying goodbye to the old me. The one who feels bad when he shouldn't, the one who let's go when he should really fight, and the one who is afraid to stand up and say what he feels because he's tired of being put down.

Like everyone, I do care what people think of me. I want to be liked, loved, respected. But honestly, if you aren't one of those people who can use any of those words to describe me, then I really don't care about you. I'm tired of surrounding myself with people that don't deserve my time. I could be using that wasted time to spend on my real friends or most of all, myself; a person I neglect a lot. I have too much life to concern myself with stuff that I can't control. I have too much spirit to back down from battles that I know I can win and even if I can't, I need to at least put in the fight. And I have too much respect for myself to let people walk all over me or get away with trashing me. I'm not ashamed of myself and because you feel bad about your own life, don't take it out on me.

Maybe I'm finally feeling like this because I know that I am transitioning into my new apartment more and more each day and I'm letting go of the past that wasn't good for me. As the seasons change, so am I. Out with the old, in with the new. The first step is always the hardest. And now that that is underway, I can start focusing on bigger and better projects to give myself that extra "push" that I need to succeed. Nothing momentous was done overnight and this is a journey that will last a lifetime. I just need to remember to breathe and take it one day at a time.

The sound of letting go...maybe it's a maturity thing.

1 comment:

  1. Baby, om.so proud of you and I am so thankful we met. I think if you often and know we don't talk everyday but you are one of those friends where we can just pick up where we left off. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete