Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Healthy Self-Obsession

For those of you who don't know me, I am midly self-obsessed. I have a lot of self-confidence because I have a great job, great friends, I'm looking better, and I am good at mostly everything I do. That may sound conceited, but there is a lot behind it that people don't realize.

To start off, I am a director of public relations and branding for my company. That is a higly prestigious title and the fact that I'm only twenty seven, well that's pretty good. But it doesn't come without a price. I worked my butt off to get to that position. My original position at WorkplaceDiversity.com was just a part-time internet marketing associate. I worked hard to pave my own path and get to where I am today. I have my interns and now we are making our company hit new levels that we haven't hit before. Our SEO has reached a new level and I was so proud of everyone today for their hard work. I work a lot of hours too to help make my position what it is. Whether I am in the office, working off my phone, weekends or holidays, public relations never takes a break. So sometimes, I look self-obsessed on my phone playing on facebook or twitter, but really, I'm making my company money.

I have the best friends in the world. They understand my self-obsession and working hard to get to where I want to be in my personal and professional life. They understand that I sometimes have to break commitments to get my work done and they are cool with it. Mainly because I make up for it by taking them to some crazy concert in Atlantic City or partying at a club in NYC til 5am. I like being that group of people that everyone is jealous of. We have a good time and we aren't afraid to show it when we go out.

I am becoming obsessed with working out. I constantly want to be in the gym and working hard to get in shape. I've lost a decent amount of weight so far and I am really seeing it. I see it in my face the most, as my face isn't round anymore. My arms and legs are really starting to tone up and define themselves which is making me thrilled. My stomach is the problem area right now and I am working hard to get that into shape. I just need to work on eating better. Food is my enemy. If the food is terrible and awful for you, I love it and vise-versa. So to fight that, I am trying to make one or two better choices a day to help fight that. I figure eventually, I will be making the right choices because I want too, not because I have too.

Being good at mostly everything I do takes a lot of work. I am not great at one thing. There are many things that I am good at. And I work hard to constantly get better at them. I self-obsess a little bit over them so that I can be better at it the next time I do it. Whether it's sports, music or anything else, I want to be the best at everything. It's the competitive side of me. I constantly want to be better and work that much harder to achieve it.

I do work hard to be the best at everything I can. Whether it be professional or my personal life, I like being awesome. So maybe a little bit of self-obsession isn't a bad thing. It keeps me on my toes and how I can strive to be better. I'm not gonna lie though, being the center of attention at a party or a bar isn't the worst feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment